Staff Recognition Program
Fargo Public Schools deeply values its more than 1,800 staff members. Each person is an integral member of our large team that ensures each student receives a high quality education in a safe learning environment. To honor our employees, the District annually awards the following:
- Teacher of the Year Award − awarded to a certified staff member
- Administrator of the Year Award − awarded to a principal, assistant principal, director or coordinator
- Support Staff of the Year Award − awarded an educational support staff member, custodial/maintenance department staff member, or nutrition services staff member
Each award is given in the spring of the year. The Teacher of the Year honoree is then forwarded to the North Dakota Department of Instruction as a candidate for the North Dakota Teacher of the Year. For a listing of past Teacher of the Year recipients, click here.
Nominations for each award are received from January 8 through 26. Online nomination forms are now open:
- Teacher of the Year Nomination Form
- Administrator of the Year Nomination Form
- Support Staff of the Year Nomination Form
For more information, please contact AnnMarie Campbell at 701-446-1005 or email@example.com.
See the information below for the 2017 award winners:
Leah Juelke, language arts instructor at South High School, received the Teacher of the Year award because she is dedicated to ensuring each student has the skills and mindset he or she needs to succeed. Learn more...
Tanya Wrigley-Lingle, principal at Eagles Elementary School, received the Administrator of the Year award because she is a dedicated leader, one who encourages and empowers others, shows a genuine concern for individuals, and maintains a positive attitude regardless of the current situation. Learn more...
Idette Graham, District Office Teaching and Learning secretary, was awarded the Support Staff of the Year award based on her work ethic, “can do” attitude, leadership skills, collaborative working style, and problem solving abilities. Learn more...