Welcome New Employees!
This website introduces you to the Fargo Public Schools’ organization and steers you through the orientation and onboarding process. As a valuable member of our team, we want you to have the information and resources you need to get off to a great start in your new position - Welcome New Teachers Letter.
As a new employee, you will need to go to Human Resources to start the employment process. Here are the initial steps to becoming a FPS employee:
Step One: What to bring to Human Resouces
- Social Security Card (Payroll Verification of Name)
- Identification for I-9 Form (Acceptable Documents List - See Page 9)
- Voided Check or Savings Deposit (Required for Direct Deposit)
- North Dakota Teaching License (Professional Teaching Staff Only)
Step Two: To be completed at Human Resources
(Located at 700 7th Street South in Fargo)
- Form W-4
- Form I-9
- Background Check/Finger Printing
- Salary Installment Sheet (Professional Teaching Staff Only)
- Take Picture ID, receive Employee Identification Card, obtain access to employee portal and Kickup Registration
Step Three: Register for New Employee Training Sessions
(Professional Teaching Staff Only)
- New Hire Orientation (Pre-K-12 Certified Staff) – Choose one two-day event: July 13&14 or August 3&4
- Complete paperwork for employment and learn about technology resources in the district.
- Learn overview of curricular programming and district initiatives.
- Restorative Practices (Pre-K-5 Certified Staff) – August 8 (half day)
- Classroom Management & Engagement – Catalyst (K-12 Certified Staff) – specific August dates depending on role
- Classroom Management - Systems & Routines (K-12 Teachers with 3 years or less teaching) – August 16
- Elementary Curriculum Training- Literacy & Math (K-5 Certified Staff) – August 8(half day), 9-11
Register ASAP and access additional information on our New Hire Dashboard.
Step Four: Accessing the Employee Portal
(Access from home after receiving your login and password)
- Click the Employee Portal button at the top of this page
- Login: firstname.lastname@example.org