Fargo Public Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package to employees working 20 hours or more a week. Detailed benefit information is provided to new employees during an orientation session held shortly after hire.
FPS offers the choice of a traditional health insurance plan or a high deductible health plan with a health savings account funded with contributions from the district. Employees also have the option to enroll in a district subsidized dental plan and a group vision plan. FPS provides a term life insurance policy of $25,000 to employees that includes the option to purchase additional supplemental life insurance for employees, their spouse and children. A fully-funded long term disability plan is provided to employees.
- Medical Insurance – underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND
- Select Choice – traditional health plan
- Blue Saver – high deductible health plan with a health savings account administered by Discovery Benefits
- Dental Insurance – Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND
- Vision Insurance – Avesis
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment - CIGNA
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance - CIGNA
- Employee, Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance available
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability – CIGNA
Fargo Public Schools provides employees and their household members a free counseling service to assist in managing the stress and issues that are common in our everyday life. Along with this option, FPS promotes health related activities and services through our WellU program.
- The Village Employee Assistance Program – free confidential counseling services for employees and their household members.
- Worksite WellU Program – Services include free flu shot clinics, a variety of health screenings and individual health counseling.
Fargo Public Schools employees participate in either the Teachers Fund for Retirement (TFFR) or the North Dakota Public Employees Retirement System (NDPERS) plan. Contributions are made jointly by FPS and the employee. Both plans are defined benefit plans that provide a guaranteed retirement income once the employee is vested.
- Teachers Fund for Retirement
- Employer contribution of 12.75%
- Employee contribution of 11.75%
- ND Public Employees Retirement System
- Employer contribution of 8.26%
- Employee contribution of 7%
- Optional supplemental retirement account available to all employees through a district sponsored 403(b) retirement plan
- Fully funded by employee if elected
- Variety of vendors available
- Teachers Fund for Retirement
Fargo Public Schools offers a variety of other benefits in addition to the those listed above. Employees receive paid leave time as well as access to a sick leave bank for employees that exhaust their individual leave balances. Employees may also participate in a flexible spending account, use the Fargo Public Schools Credit Union, and receive discounts from local vendors.
- Paid time off -vacation or personal leave, emergency leave, sick leave, paid holidays and funeral leave along with Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) – Educator Benefit Consultants, LLC
- Professional Leave
- FPS Credit Union
- Special Deals Program (discounts with local businesses)