English Learners (EL)
EL Summer School is an extension of EL programming during the school year. Its primary purpose is to provide ELs opportunities to improve their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in English. The ELs also will learn the USA’s cultural norms, school content, and social skills to better prepare them for their next school year. ELs are referred to the program by their teachers. High School students will receive a half credit.
For additional details please refer to the 2023 Summer School Program Book.
ELD SUMMER SCHOOL - Semester 1 (June 8-29)
Grades 1-6 ELD at Agassiz
- 8:00-12:30 Monday-Thursday + Friday June 9
- School bus transportation provided to Agassiz
- Sign up through the elementary EL teacher
Grades 7-8 ELD
- EL students participate in the regular middle school program held at each middle school site.
- Regional bussing is provided for all middle school students.
Grades 9-12 ELD at South or virtual (1/2 credit elective)
- EL teachers will help guide student registration.
- Regional shuttle busses available. See summer school book for details.
ELD SUMMER SCHOOL - Semester 2
Grades 1-6 Transitions are held at elementary schools across the district.
- No school bus transportation
- Transitions is offered to all qualified students (EL and non-EL).
Grades 7-8 have no semester 2
High School students continue with regular HS summer school schedule.