CEEB (College Entrance Examination Board) Code: 171397 This code is used for any CollegeBoard or College Entrance Exam, such as ACT or SAT.
Please see the Calendar for more information about dates and times. Parents/students will be notified at least two weeks in advance for any testing that is required to be onsite.
Required Assessments: The ND Department of Public Instruction requires annual testing to assure that all students are maintaining adequate yearly progress. The following assessments are required to be conducted in person during the following time periods.
- NDA+ Math and Reading tests for all students K-10 will be given 3x/year - fall, winter, and spring
- NDSA Science tests will be given each spring to students in grades 4, 8, and 10 (this substitutes for the NDA+ for these grades for spring testing)
- NDSA Language Arts and reading tests will be given to students in grades 3-8 and 10 each spring (this substitutes for the NDA+ for these grades for spring testing)
- ACT English, Reading, Math, Science, and Writing tets will be administered to all students in grade 11 in the spring
- All students must pass the ND Civics exam prior to high school graduation
Fargo Public Schools requires this additional test for high school juniors and/or seniors to demonstrate progress toward meeting ND Choice Ready Standards.
- ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery): Although this test is a military assessment, it is used by Fargo Schools as a measure for Choice Ready as well as to assist all students with determining their strengths and assisting with career planning.
In addition, students in Fargo Virtual Academy may be offered and take advantage of these additional assessment opportunities.
- Access (required for students who qualify for EL services)
- Accuplacer (which may be needed for students to qualify for math or Englsih dual credit or for college placement)
- AP (Advanced Placement) testing for students in various subject areas for potential college credit
- PSAT/NMSQT (offered for sophomores and juniors; preliminary SAT and also potential National Merit Qualifying exam for juniors)
- Work Keys (available for students as a potential qualifier for the ND Scholarship/Choice Ready)