Fargo Public Schools will begin operation of district school bus routes on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
The bussing system and bus routes for the 2020-2021 school year are similar to previous years, with a few adjustments for health and safety protocols:
- Students must wear a face mask at all times aboard the school bus.
- Riders are asked to social distance when possible as they enter, select their seat, and exit the bus, and may be assigned seating for the duration of their route.
- There will be enhanced cleaning and sterilization measures completed daily, after both morning and afternoon routes, by our contractor, Valley Bus Company.
- There will NOT be an early morning bus route to high schools as in previous years. Route times have been adjusted for the current school year to arrive at schools closer to bell times to accommodate social distancing practices.
- Times for afternoon bus routes at the conclusion of the school day have been adjusted to match up with Level 3 – Hybrid Learning Model dismissal times (as of 9/2/2020). Afternoon bus route times will adjust as appropriate for the current Learning Model Level assigned to Fargo Public Schools and associated dismissal times.
- As in previous years, a mandatory “walk out area” is in effect for all schools, which is a half-mile distance from attending school based on surface street distance from each school. Students within the mandatory walk out area are ineligible for bus transportation.
Please note, the Regulations for Students Riding Fargo School Buses as well as detailed bus route information can be found on our website at https://www.fargo.k12.nd.us/transportation. If riding the school bus is an integral part of your student’s transportation, you are asked to review these regulations with your student. Riding the bus is a privilege that can be revoked by the school building principal for inappropriate behavior.
Questions or concerns regarding transportation or bus routes can be directed to Fargo Public Schools Transportation Department at 701-446-1016 or to Valley Bus Company at 701-235-5912.