FPS SMART RESTART PLAN
School Districts are operating with unprecedented challenges during the COVID-19 World Pandemic. Districts are expected to continue to deliver accessible education opportunities to all students while dealing with public health challenges, evolving understanding of COVID-19 and shifting guidelines, shifting circumstances, compressed timelines, and dramatic changes in practice – all while under intense scrutiny.
Fargo Public Schools (FPS) is 100% committed to our mission to educate and empower all students – no matter our current world circumstances. We are committed to providing the safest education environment possible for our students and staff. To that end, Fargo Public Schools administration has developed a “Smart Restart” reentry plan to our schools for students and staff for the upcoming 2020 – 2021 school year, working with local, city, and state health officials, and utilizing recommendations from the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to create the structure for the plan.
Guiding Principles for reopening FPS Schools:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all students and employees.
- Promote equity and accessibility to learning for all students.
- Provide instructional delivery systems to meet the needs of all students
- Foster positive relationships and interactions
Components for crafting the final version of the FPS Smart Restart Plan:
- Research by FPS administration regarding safe school restart plan components
- Staff, parent, and student responses to online surveys
- Staff work sessions to refine FPS Smart Restart Plan
- Parent and public input meetings to inform and further refine FPS Smart Restart Pan
It is important to keep in mind that the FPS Smart Restart Plan is subject to revision at any time based upon updated information and mandates from city, state, and national health and government officials. The 2020-21 school year will begin on Wednesday, September 2 (note new start date).