Building Capacity & Usage Task Force
The Fargo Public Schools (FPS) conducted a Building Capacity and Usage Task Force to review enrollment projections and future plans for facility usage. FPS sought a parent representative from each building, or a representative from the neighborhood association of that school (23 representatives), and students from each FPS high school to participate on the task force.
The Building Capacity and Usage Task Force met on the following dates at the South High School Room C30:
- Meeting 1: March 19 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Meeting 2: April 2 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Meeting 3: April 16 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Meeting 4: April 30 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Meeting 5: May 7 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Meeting 6: May 21 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Meeting 7: June 2 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
The objectives of the task force were:
- Review findings from LRE-Behavior Task Force which will not impact attendance boundaries
- Review findings from ESCE Task Force which will not impact attendance boundaries
- Study findings from RSP & Associates demographer's report that impact attendance boundaries
- Study findings from the City of Fargo Planning Department that impact attendance boundaries
- Discuss usage of FPS buildings (e.g., Career & Technical Education Academy, language immersion)
- Utilize boundary software to develop/test attendance boundary scenarios
- Develop recommendations for the School Board
- Provide a final report to the School Board
Task Force Members
Alan "AJ" Anderson
Michael or Kristin Simons