2019-2020 Davies Theatre Proud Eagle Parent Council Positions
Director: Rebecca Saari - firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Director: Brian Lynch
Lead Parent: Jody Jahner – email@example.com
Treasurer/Secretary: Pam Peterson
Box Office: Elise Rick
Concessions: Barb Nelson
Silent Auction: Barb Nelson and Dove Richard
Website Coordinator: Chris Andreachi
Tech Meals: Amy Paul and Dove Richard (volunteers needed 2021-2022)
Flower Sales: Renee Olson
Lobby Display: Laura Fulop (volunteer needed 2021-2022)
Head Shots: Jen Andreachi
Programs: Shelly Gompf
Poster Distribution, Media (FKA Marketing and PR): Shelly Gompf
Banners: Liz Hannig
Gifts: Liz Hannig
Seamstress: Anne Stevens
If there are any areas that you would like to assist with, please contact Jody Jahner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider volunteering. Thank you to all the existing and future parent volunteers!
Your Student's Participation Eligibility
In order for students to participate in Rehearsals and Performances, they must meet these critieria:
Standard Eligibility Rules for participation in Davies Activities:
- A student must attend a full day of school in order to perform or attend a rehearsal.
- Scholastic eligibility: A high school student shall be doing passing work in at least twenty hours per week, with the passing grade to be computed at the end of the first and third quarter grading periods in addition to each semester grading period.
- It should be noted that administration checks the grades the week of performances to be sure all of our students are on track and eligible to participate.
- Disciplinary Eligibility: Students who engage in acts that require disciplinary action may not be able to audition, practice, or perform depending on the severity of the incident.
- Any participant who receives an out-of-school suspension or expulsion shall be ineligible for participation, including practices, during the period of suspension or expulsion. Participants shall be eligible to participate when they are readmitted to school.
- Any issue regarding courts or police action will carry a 6-18 week penalty which allows practices but no performances.
If your student meets the eligibility rules for participation, their hours as volunteers, crew, or cast members can count towards lettering in Theatre. The follow spreadsheet can be used to track their hours and determine how close they are toward this goal.
We Need You! - Volunteer Opportunities
Is it that time of year...? If you think you have possibly lettered in Theatre at Davies High, you need to come in and visit with Saari sometime soon. We have a lettereing document for Davies High School that is easy to follow that you will need to fill out. Lettering is based on a point system that measures level of participation and time commitment in the program. Your points roll over from year to year. If you ahve already lettered in Theatre, you could still be eligible for another letter.
All lettering information needs to be turned into Saari by April 30th in order to be processed for awards.
Lettering Form (paper copy): The form may be picked up from Saari anytime.
Lettering Form link online: The form can be found on the Davies Theatre Website on the Parent Information Page.