Are you interested in earning college credit while still in high school? Save money and time and get ahead by enrolling in a college credit class today! Through Early Entry (Dual Credit) classes, you can earn college credits while still fulfilling your high school requirements. Early Entry classes are offered at Fargo South High School.
Advantages of Early Entry Courses
- Lower tuition.
- Saves time by allowing students to get a jump start on earning college credit.
- Ease into college classes in a comfortable, familiar environment with smaller class sizes.
- The letter grade received in the course is the same and is posted on both high school and college transcripts.
- Fulfills a category for the North Dakota Academic Scholarship.
First Time Dual Credit Students
Early Entry students need to meet the following criteria to enroll in NDSCS Classes:
- Obtain permission from parent/guardian
- Student must be in grades 10, 11, or 12.
- Recommend a minimum GPA of 3.0. Requests for early entry enrollment by students who do not have a GPA of 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis by an authorized NDSCS representative in consultation with the high school administration.
Application Process (only required for students that are enrolling in their first Dual Credit course or have had a lapse in enrollment)
Returning Dual Credit Students
If you have already completed a Dual Credit Course through NDSCS and are enrolling for another course you will need to complete:
- NDSCS Credit Registration Form
- NDSCS FERPA Form
Both forms can be located at the link below.
Dual Credit Courses
Fargo South offers Dual Credit Courses through NDSCS for the following classes:
Anatomy & Physiology I & Lab - BIOL 220/220L - 4 college credits
Anatomy & Physiology II & Lab - BIOL 221/221L - 4 college credits
College Physics I & Lab - PHYS 211/211L - 4 college credits
General Chemistry I & Lab - CHEM 121/121L - 5 college credits
General Chemistry II & Lab - CHEM 122/122L - 5 college credits
Principles of Macroeconomics - ECON 202 - 3 college credits
College Algebra - MATH 103 - 3 college credits
Trigonometry - MATH 105 - 2 college credits
US History to 1877 - HIST 103 - 3 college credits
US History Since 1877 - HIST 104 - 3 college credits
American Government - POLS 115 - 3 college credits
Introduction to Psychology - PSYC 111 - 3 college credits
IT Essentials I (Hardward I) - CIS 128 - 3 college credits
IT Essentials II (Hardware II) - CIS 129 - 3 college credits
Networking Fundamentals I - CIS 164 - 4 college credits
Industrial Shop Practices - MFGT 110 - 2 college credits
Fabriacations Methods I - MFGT 123 - 2 college credits
Business Use of Computers - CSCI 116 - 3 college credits
Medical Terminology - BOTE 171 - 4 college credits
Elementary Statistics - MATH 210 - 3 college credits