Classroom Guidance Activities
Each grade level is introduced to a number of activities based on the Fargo Public Schools standards in the areas of career and personal/social, and academic.
Students will explore various careers and determine what planning it takes to achieve their career goals.
Counselors will meet with students in a classroom setting to assist and help them meet their goals.
Classroom Guidance Topics
- Multiple Intelligence System
- Respect for Self and Others
- Career Clusters
- Respect for Others: Harassment
- Learning Styles
- Work Values and RUReadyND portfolio creation
- What are employers really looking for?
- Careers on Wheels
- Respect for others: Bullying and Peer Pressure
- Career Planning /Setting Goals
- Career Interest Inventory
- Career Search
- Future Educational Requirements for high school and beyond
*Parents of 8th grade students will meet with with their counselor to discuss future planning that was completed. See 8th grade conference tab.