The Fargo Public Schools Office of Equity and Inclusion both advises and serves as a resource to the Fargo Public Schools’ equity and inclusion efforts.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion is responsible:
- To lead the development of a vision and overall direction for FPS’s district-wide Equity Action Plan
- For leading and implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives
- For supervision of the Indian Education office and the portion of the Title 1 office which serves students whose families are in transition to more permanent housing and or youth who are unaccompanied
- To collaborate with interested partners in the district and community to build a strong talent pipeline of diverse candidates and to recruit from it
- To engage with the community in a manner that ensures smooth functioning of the department and maintains the reputation of FPS as a viable business partner
FPS Commitment to Equity
FPS is committed to addressing the educational gaps in our District. The FPS Office of Equity and Inclusion is supported by the FPS’s Statement on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and strategic plan. FPS believes diversity, equity, and inclusion are necessary for Fargo Public School to meet its mission to “achieve excellence by educating and empowering all students to succeed.”
Indian Education and Youth Experiencing Homelessness
The Office of Equity & Inclusion oversees the Fargo Public Schools Indian Education plan and budget as well as the Title I program for supporting youth experiencing homelessness.