South High Counseling Center
OUR MISSION: The mission of the Fargo South High School Counseling Department is to provide a proactive, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate program to address students' academic and career goals in addition to supporting their personal and social needs. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
Phone: 701-446-2015 Fax: 701-446-2200
Resources during COVID-19:
BRUIN FAMILY -
We want to make sure you know your South High Counselors are STILL here for you! Although we cannot currently meet in person, below are some options on how to contact your counselor:
- Email us - our addresses are listed below
- Call our office and leave a voicemail. We will respond within 24 hours during the work day - Monday through Friday from 8 am through 3 pm.
In addition, we have listed some community resources below. In our absence, we hope you will take advatage of what our community has to offer!
Laurie Schlenker (A-E) email@example.com, 701-446-2017
Heidi Fiechtner (F-K) firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-446-2020
Vanessa Boehm (L-Q) email@example.com, 701-446-2018
Adrienne Eider (R-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-446-2019
Sydney Knutson (Intern) email@example.com
Student Wellness and Family Facilitators:
Amy Riccio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Bernstrom: email@example.com
Tamara Hoffman: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding transcripts, please e-mail Keelie Stanley-Goodman at email@example.com
For questions regarding college/career planning/scholarships, please e-mail Megan Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- District COVID-19 Website: https://www.fargo.k12.nd.us/COVID-19
- FSH Counseling eNewsletter
- Social-Emotional Community resources:
- FM Community Resources - Inlcudes food distribution sites and times
- Firstlink - dial 2-1-1 for emergencies!
- Text-a-tip - 701-936-4980
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Center - NO face-to-Face counseling, but they will answer phones! Call 701-293-7273
- Prairie St. Johns confidential, no-cost assessment: 701-476-7200
- COVID-19 and Your Mental Health infographic