Fargo North Lettering Requirements
MEN'S & WOMEN'S LETTERING REQUIREMENTS
*** 12 PTS. ***
(The following are criteria on which letter points are based)
1. ATTENDANCE: Athletes can receive 1,2,or 3 points, depending upon practice/meet attendance.
2. ACADEMICS: Students will receive: 1 point for a GPA of 2.5 - 3:25; or 2 points for a GPA of 3.26 +
3. INDOOR MEETS: Athletes will receive 1 point each time they finish among the top 8 performers at the EDC or State Indoor Meets.
4. OUTDOOR MEETS: Athletes will receive the actual points scored for each individual event and relay placement.
5. WORK @ MEET: Athletes will receive 1 point for working middle school meets that North HS hosts.
6. EDC/REGION MEET: A place-winning effort in this meet will be automatic consideration for a letter (It would be State Qualifying if among the top six)
7. STATE QUALIFYING PERFORMANCE: Athletes meeting any of the State Qualifying standards during the outdoor season will receive automatic consideration for a letter.
8. JUNIOR/SENIOR STATUS: Athletes who are juniors or seniors, completing at least their second season in the sport, and who may not achieve the designated points, may be considered for a letter.
9. SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE SEASON: In order for anyone to ultimately earn a letter in track & field, he/she must complete the full season, without training violations and/or disciplinary incidents.
10. LETTERING BY COACHES' DISCRETION IS ALSO AVAILABLE.